At Lease Comparison Ltd we are committed to giving you excellent customer service and treating you fairly. We are fully committed to providing the highest standards of client service and advice and we never forget that you have a choice of supplier and are grateful that you've chosen us.
Treating Customers Fairly (TCF) is a key principle set by the financial regulator the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to ensure that customers are treated fairly.
At Lease Comparison Ltd we adhere to the FCA's six guiding principles on how to engage with customers, these govern how we communicate with our customers, the level of service we provide and the fairness of our products, services and procedures.
The six principles for treating customers fairly as set by the Financial Services Authority:
- Consumers can be confident that they are dealing with firms where the fair treatment of customers is central to the corporate culture.
- Products and services marketed and sold in the retail market are designed to meet the needs of identified consumer groups and are targeted accordingly.
- Consumers are provided with clear information and are kept appropriately informed before, during and after the point of sale.
- Where consumers receive advice, the advice is suitable and takes account of their circumstances.
- Consumers are provided with products that perform as firms have led them to expect, and the associated service is of an acceptable standard and as they have been led to expect.
- Consumers do not face unreasonable post-sale barriers imposed by firms to change product, switch provider, submit a claim or make a complaint.
How does Lease Comparison Ltd ensure we meet these outcomes in our everyday business?
Treating Customers Fairly is at the heart of how we engage and inform our clients. We don't forget that our clients have many choices when they are looking to lease a new car and we are pleased and thankful that they have chosen us! To make sure that the outcomes set by the FCA are met in the way we provide our day to day service, we have the following procedures in place:
- We continually aim to understand the needs and objectives of our clients. We do this to ensure that the products we offer and the advice we give is in line with these needs and objectives, and also consider our client's individual circumstances.
- We ensure that the marketing of our products is appropriately targeted, clear and not misleading. Everyone has a different level of undersanding when it comes to financial products and services; we aim to highlight the risks and conditions associated with each product, and not just the key features and benefits.
- Where there are risks associated with a product or service, we aim to ensure that our clients understand these risks at the outset of our service being provided.
- We aim to keep our clients fully informed before, during and after our services have been provided, and we make sure all our communications are clear and fair. We also ensure that we do not use industry jargon, misleading terms or complex technical definitions. Where there are fees or costs to consider, we will ensure you are made aware of these.
- As we update and communicate with clients, we provide information on the next stages of our service. We also advise on the likely time scales wherever we can.
- We take our clients' privacy seriously and ensure that our staff are aware of and follow rules regarding data protection to ensure that clients' details are kept secure and confidential. We also ensure that any details kept on a client's file are relevant and accurate.
- We are continually working towards being easy to contact and will not impose any barriers that prevent our clients from asking questions or getting any advice or support they may need. Where we feel we cannot assist with the queries or expectations of a client, we will direct them to a party that can.
- We aim to treat every complaint quickly and in a friendly manner. We also have a commitment to review any complaints received so that we learn from feedback and find ways to improve on the service we offer and adjust to the needs of our clients.
What can you do if you have a complaint or feel we are not living up to this promise?
If you feel there is a problem during the process or with our service, we would like to hear from you and we will do all we can to help. Your opinion is very important to us and your feedback is key to finding ways we can improve the service we offer.
Please visit our Complaints Procedure page, where you will find details on how to contact us, what you can expect us to do next and who you can refer the case to if you feel we have not addressed your complaint.